Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reviewing my goals

Now that I've made my goals, what do I need to do to accomplish them?

1. Go back to school-
The school I want to go to is in Minneapolis, about 2 hours away from me. I need to move to go (otherwise, I won't have time to go to school, work and get homework done). First I have to save up money for the move. This goal will probably not be accomplished any time soon.

2. Get the apartment cleaned and my hoarding under control-
Here's where I need my fiance's help. He's not very good at cleaning (ok, he's a slob- that's all there is to it). I can't do it all by myself though. So, I'm working on setting up a schedule and doing a bit of the FLYLady thing. http://www.flylady.net/ I'm definately getting better with my hoarding. I'm learning to throw things away.

3. Find a better job-
I think I need to devote 15 minutes a day (or more) to filling out applications and checking the job listings. I kind of doubt I'll actually find a job in this economy, but atleast I'm doing something.

4. Get in shape-
This is another tough one. Here's my problem- I want to exercise, but I don't have the energy and I'm always in pain. For those of you who have never been sick for a long period of time, you have no idea how frustrating and depressing it is. I can't run. I can't do aerobics. I have trouble walking, for goodness sake!

5. Finish all of the blankets I'm making as gifts-
Finally, an easy goal. This one doesn't cost me pain or much money (a lot less than some of my goals at least). If I devote a couple hours every night, I should be done in no time. I'm almost done with my brother's blanket as it is.

6. Catch up on my reading-
Same as above.

7. Save enough money to get married-
We've already decided to do a courthouse wedding. We definately don't have enough for a real wedding and there are so many things we'd rather spend our money on before then. I think it's about $200 when everything's said and done (for the marriage lisence, the clerk of court and all the id's and stuff that I need to change when I change my name).

8. Finish writing my book-
I've run out of steam on this one. Hopefully, I'll get inspired again. I have so many things to get caught up on first. I'm ok with putting this off until the new year.

No comments: